Happy New Month To All My Beautiful Readers & Their loved Ones (Furry, Feathered & others are wished too)
Here in South Africa, May brings the cooler season and yes many of us dread the cold but I have 4 delish Winter approved recipes that will keep you extra toasty and kick start your day.
Traditional SA Pancakes
250 ml (1 cup) cake flour
5 ml (1 t) Moir’s Baking Powder
2,5 ml (½ t) salt
180 ml (¾ cup) milk
± 150 ml water
5 ml (1 t) lemon juice or white vinegar
100 ml sunflower oil
Extra oil for baking
125 ml (½ cup) Huletts White Sugar
10 ml (2 t) cinnamon
- Sift the dry ingredients together.
- Beat the eggs, milk, water and lemon juice or vinegar together.
- Add the egg mixture to the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Add the oil and mix. (The mixture must look like smooth cream)
- Leave to stand for a few minutes.
- Use a non-stick or lightly greased frying pan. Bake pancakes one at a time and stack.
- Sprinkle each pancake with cinnamon and sugar mixture and roll up.
BONUS: Add bacon to your pancakes by following the recipe here*
Splash of Hashbrowns
4 frozen hashbrowns and salt to taste
Bake in pre-heated oven for 10 minutes, turn over and bake for an additional 10 minutes (Until a light crispy texture)
Sample a taste and add spices once cooled down a bit
BONUS: add a sprinkle of mayo on the side or on top for a delish taste
For the Oatmeal lovers, click the link for more