One of the most intriguing and attractive features that most people seem to be compelled by – the eyes.
Those beautiful organs on a person’s face that lures you in…
So, what is it with the eyes that makes you feel so comfortable with a person? Well, let’s take a closer look.
Georg Pheiffer, a Boksburg-based optometrist shared his insightful feedback.
‘People read eyes when talking to each other. An attraction that is dubbed Windows to the soul as eyesight is a primary sense’
Eyes are illuminated by eyewear which allows even more of an attraction to seep through. People tend to relax more with those who have a calming nature and the eyes can play an important role.
Eye colour groups and personality traits
A study conducted via The University of Copenhagen concluded that people with blue eyes all share a common ancestor who lived around 6 000 – 10 000 years ago.
- Extroverts who are smart and love being people-pleasers.
Over 50% of the World’s population have brown eyes. There are a few colour variations.
- Polite people who are confident and have a happy-go-lucky attitude.
Only 2% of the World’s population have green eyes. Wow, those people are super rare and lucky!
- Attractive people who are full of life with a curious nature.
Only around 5-8% of the World’s population have hazel eyes. A very misunderstood colour variation that is based on the Rayleigh scattering (A presentation of how much light scatters over an object after it has ridden its spectrum wavelength – see graph.)
- Brave, short-tempered people who despise drama and can be adventurous.
With top traits for each colour group, which one do you fall under?
Eyesight Fun Facts
- Eyes are the fastest muscles in the body. So, hence the saying in a blink of an eye.
- Eye colour is determined by the amount of melanin (pigmentation) in the iris as well as genetics from your family tree.
- Colour blindness is higher in men than women.
- 80% of memories are determined by what you have seen.
- You tend to blink a lot more when engaging in a conversation.
- People blink on an average 14 280 times per day.
- A blink lasts about 150 milliseconds.
- Heterochromia – A condition when a person is born with two different eye colours. This is my favourite fun fact, EVER!
- Ommetaphobia – Fear of eyes.
- Women blink more than men.
And with such interesting facts, you can definitely walk away with learning about something new today.
Sources: Georg Pheiffer – Boksburg Optometrist